Entries are now Open
Please read the rules and conditions for entry before completing this form.
You should complete the form below ONCE PER FILM. Your entry fees will be calculated based on the categories you select. Make sure you have all required information to complete your submission before starting.
Rules for Entry
- Entry is open to all individuals and organisations
- All entries submitted must have received their first PAID PUBLIC SCREENING between October 7th 2013 and October 13th 2014. A paid public screening is defined as “any screening where the public PAID to see the film, whether in a theatrical setting or via home-video release”.
- All Features must be greater than 70 minutes in duration.
- All Shorts must be 40 minutes or less in duration.
- Films submitted to the The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards must either be in English or have English subtitles.
- Shorts produced for the 2014 Rialto Channel 48HOURS competition are eligible for entry only if they were selected as 'City Finalist' or 'Grand Finalist'.
- Entries must be produced by a New Zealand resident and/or be New Zealand productions (co-productions included).
- You must declare if your entry is subject to any dispute or litigation with a third party.
NZONAIR BEST TELEVISION FEATURE
- Entries in this category will be judged exclusively for this Award. No other categories or Awards are applicable.
- Only for the category of 'NZOnAir Best Television Feature' will the first screening be accepted as "The First screening where the public were able to view the film or series on Television in New Zealand between October 7th 2013 and October 13th 2014."
- Entries may be submitted online by sending a secure download link pointing to the file location, and relevant access details such as a download password or FTP logins.
- Entries may also be submitted physically on DVD in standard Format, or Data disk or USB drive as movie files, using common movie file encoding.
- All entries will be screened non-commercially and privately only to judges of The Rialto Channel New Zealand Film Awards. Watermarked film entries are acceptable. Encrypted, proprietary or DCI files are not acceptable.
- Physical Digital Media used for submissions cannot be returned and remains the property of The Rialto Channel New Zealand Film Awards.
EXCERPTS FOR JUDGING
For entry in the following categories a Time location detailing the point of the excerpt must be submitted along with the Full Film entry. These should highlight the Award performance or creativity in each category entered.
- Best Supporting Actress
- Best Supporting Actor
- MAC Best Makeup Design
- Best Costume Design
EXCERPTS FOR IMAGES & SOUND BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
For entry in the Best Visual Effects category, URL links to excerpt videos or the excerpt files themselves must be submitted along with the entry.
- These excerpts from the actual film should be examples highlighting the before and after components of the visual effects.
- Excerpts should be no longer than 10 minutes in duration and may be hosted privately on Video streaming servers such as Vimeo or YouTube. Or supplied along with your film entry.
EXCERPTS FOR AWARDS CEREMONY
- You must provide us with two 15-20 second HD clips to choose from should you be nominated as a finalist. These clips will be used onscreen at the Awards, and for publicity regarding your possible nomination. Generally these are your Publicity or Pomotional excerpts. They should not be Title or Credit sequences.
SUBMISSIONS FOR LETTERBOXD BEST POSTER DESIGN
- Upload a high resolution Poster File as indicated in the form and complete the designer/artist name(s).
- This will be the theatrical poster or marketing design as originally distributed with the Film.
- Only one version will be accepted and judged.
- All the judging will be done by industry professionals offshore. The International judging panels are made up of individuals with experience across all types of film production.
- If none of the entries in any category are deemed worthy enough, or insufficient entries are received in any category, the entries will not proceed and no award shall be made at the discretion of the Moas Committee.
- In any instance where there are insufficient entries in a category, the entry fee will be refunded.
- In the event there are more than 15 entries in any one category, a pre-selection panel will nominate entries to go forward to the final judging panel.
- All decisions regarding acceptance and judging are final and absolute.
- By submitting a film for consideration to The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards the filmmaker/production company grants The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards the right to screen the film for judges.
- The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards will have the right to show any of the accepted films to non-commercial audiences for judging purposes only.
- Extracts of no more than 2 minutes from the films that have been accepted by the Awards may be shown on television/web with a view to promoting the competition and Awards Show.
- Extracts will be used to promote future NZ Film Awards but filmmakers can request in writing that the festival may no longer use their material for promotional purposes.
- The applicant declares that he/she has obtained all necessary rights and permissions to present the film to The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards.
- The filmmaker must own or have cleared copyright of all aspects of the submitted film. This includes all music and images used. The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, in regards to clearing copyrighted material.
- The applicant aknowledges the Awards are streamed live, and broadcast on Rialto Channel, therefore any appearances within the show (either finalist excerpts or acceptance speeches) will remain in the on-demand record of the Awards in perpetuity.
- All decisions regarding entry acceptance are final.
- All entry fees must be paid on application and before the close of entries at 5pm, October 13th 2014 for the entry to be valid.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, except where described above.
- The Rialto Channel New Zealand Film Awards is not responsible for errors or omissions in entry applications.
- The holder of the copyright authorises The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards to make available via television/website an excerpt of the film (up to a duration of 2 minutes) for the promotion of the film or the Awards now, or in the future. The applicant declares that he/she has obtained all necessary rights and permissions to present the film to the The Rialto Channel NZ Film Awards.
ORGANISERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO ADJUST RULES AND REGULATIONS TO ADAPT TO THE EVER CHANGING PLAYING FIELD THAT IS FILM PRODUCTION, EXHIBITION & DISTRIBUTION